As a higher rate taxpayer you can claim the difference between the basic rate of tax on your donation (25%) and the higher rate of income tax you pay. You either do this through your Self-Assessment tax return, or by contacting HMRC and asking them to amend you tax code.

Find out more about Gift Aid from HMRC here