Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) apply to your purchase of a Friends of the Cotswolds (“Friends of the Cotswolds”) membership. Please read these Terms carefully before completing the purchase of your membership of the Friends of the Cotswolds (“Membership”) as they will form the basis of the contract between you and the Friends of the Cotswolds.
For information requests, or in the event of a complaint, please contact us at Fosse Way, Northleach, Gloucestershire, GL54 3JH or email@example.com or by telephone at T: +44 (0)1451 862000
Friends of the Cotswolds is a registered charity (Charity Number 1115119) and is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (Company Number 03650374). Its registered address is: Friends of the Cotswolds, Courtyard Cottage Bell Bank, Blockley, Moreton-In-Marsh, Gloucestershire, GL56 9BB.
1. Prices and information
All prices for Membership are annual payments in £ sterling
As a member of the Friends of the Cotswolds you will receive a range of benefits including:
• Regular updates on the Charity’s progress;
• Special events held for the Friends of the Cotswolds from time to time;
• And, the first 100 members to join will also be able to receive a copy of a book “The Old Prison”. This is available for collection from The Old Prison in Northleach or can be posted subject to payment of postage and packaging expenses.
You can pay for your Membership by:
• Direct debit online or
• by direct debit by requesting a Membership form via email [firstname.lastname@example.org] and sending it to Fosse Way, Northleach, Gloucestershire, GL54 3JH.
Membership of the Friends of the Cotswolds shall last for one year, unless otherwise stated. After that you may renew your Membership for subsequent periods of one year and you acknowledge that the price for Membership may increase and the terms change.
Your Membership is non-transferable so that only you will be able to use it.
4. Gift Aid
Using Gift Aid means that for every £1 you give we can currently claim an extra 25p from HM Revenues & Customs, helping your donation to go further. In signing up to Gift Aid, you are confirming that: 31516/1/110117110427.docx VN 3 110117 14-54-00
- • You are a UK tax payer and understand that if you pay less Income Tax and or Capital Gains Tax, than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year (6 April – 5 April), it is your responsibility to pay any difference. The Friends of the Cotswolds will claim 25p of tax on every £1 you donate.
- • You wish the Friends of the Cotswolds to claim tax on all donations for the dates that you have specified until you notify us otherwise.
Friends of the Cotswolds reserve the right to amend or revise these Terms at any time without notice. Any changes to the Terms apply with immediate effect from the date of publication on the Website. By continuing to use this Website after any changes are made you accept those changes and they are binding on you.
6. Limitation of Liability
Friends of the Cotswolds liability to you is limited to refunding the price of the Membership. Friends of the Cotswolds is not responsible to you to any greater extent and in particular is not liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (including without limitation financial loss such as loss of profit, loss of expenses or otherwise) that you may incur as a consequence of its failure to comply with these Terms. This clause does not operate to exclude or limit Friends of the Cotswolds’s liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by its negligence or caused by its fraud.
7. Third Parties
No third party shall have any rights under or in relation to the Terms.
8. Force Majeure
For the purposes of these Terms, Force Majeure Event means an event beyond the reasonable control of Friends of the Cotswolds including but not limited to strikes, failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
Friends of the Cotswolds shall not be liable to you as a result of any delay or failure to perform its obligations under these Terms as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
1. The Friends of the Cotswolds Refund Policy
In the event that a donation is made to the Friends of the Cotswolds, a registered charity, via www.friendsofthecotswolds.org as a result of fraud or misuse or in the event of accidental duplicated transactions, the Friends of the Cotswolds will refund the donation amount electronically back to the same card that was used to make the original transaction, provided the request is made within 14 days of the transaction. Please contact us stating the details you gave when you made the donation and the date and time.
If you become aware that your card has been used fraudulently, please contact the card provider.
You can make a donation to the Friends of the Cotswolds
• Online using your bank account, debit or credit card via PayPal
• In person in one of our donation boxes, with cash or cheque
• By post with a bank or CAF cheque payable to “Friends of the Cotswolds” sent to Ann Miller, 2 Coppenhails, Notgrove, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL54 3BS
3. Gift Aid
Using Gift Aid means that for every £1 you give we can currently claim an extra 25p from HM Revenues & Customs, helping your donation to go further. In signing up to Gift Aid, you are confirming that:
• You are a UK tax payer and understand that if you pay less Income Tax and or Capital Gains Tax, than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year (6 April – 5 April), it is your responsibility to pay any difference. The Friends of the Cotswolds will claim 25p of tax on every £1 you donate.
• You wish the Friends of the Cotswolds to claim tax on all donations for the dates that you have specified until you notify us otherwise.
This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.contractology.com
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
The Friends of the Cotswolds uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
Session Cookies to allow you to keep items in your basket when shopping online. This refers to both membership and donations. These cookies expire when the browser is closed.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites
Downloading & printing material from the website
All design, text and graphics displayed on this website and the selection or arrangement are the copyright of Friends of the Cotswolds. You are granted permission to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this website for the sole purpose of your own personal development. Any use of materials on this website (including but not limited to reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution or republication) without the prior written permission of Friends of the Cotswolds is strictly prohibited.
All trade marks, product names, company names, titles, copyrights or logos cited herein are the trade-marks, trade names or copyrights of their respective owners. No permission is given by Friends of the Cotswolds in respect of the use of any such trade-marks, product names, brand names, company names, title, copyrights or logos.
Newsletter Terms and Conditions
The frequency of the newsletters will vary depending on our work. At most it will be quarterly.
We require all subscribers to confirm their email address upon registration. You will therefore receive a message with a link you’ll have to click in order to confirm the email address and your will to subscribe.
We will not communicate/spread/publish or otherwise give away your email address. You’ll be able to change your subscription settings or to delete it altogether anytime.